Industry and Commere
Great Linford was once a bustling centre of commerce, with shops, farms and a variety of trades represented, including brick kilns, a stone mason and a blacksmiths. The arrival of the canal in 1800 brought huge change, with an influx of new people and the establishment of a busy wharf to load and offload produce. This was later expanded when a branch route was opened to Newport Pagnell. The railway that followed brought even greater change, with the village now home to many men who were employed at the vast railway works at Wolverton.